Unless otherwise indicated, by default the timer is set for football (25/40). Follow the instructions below to set for other sports.
Changing The Timer Function
Remove the lid (a flat head screw driver works best)
Make sure the power switch is off
Inside you will see the small DIP switches just above the power switch
- Switch 1 controls audible/silent. To the left is vibrate only, to the right is audible tone and vibrate.
- To move the switches use a pen or paperclip and move the switch.
- After changing the switches, turn the power on, then off, then back on
- The timer is now ready to use
Use the Following Configurations (Note: Switch 1 is closest to the bottom)
• Football 25/40 (Silent) - Switch 2 to the right, all others left
• Lacrosse 20/120 (Audible) Switches 1 & 3 to the right, all others to the left
• Baseball 20/120 (Silent) Switches 2&3 to the right, all others to the left
Using the Timer
- Slide the power switch to on. If the timer makes a “siren” sound at power-up it is time to change the battery.
- Flip the toggle switch up to start the longer timer or down to start the shorter timer. The device will vibrate quickly so you know that timer has started.
- When the time reaches 0:00 it will vibrate continuously for 5 seconds or until the toggle is switched to the center position.
- The timer is reset every time you toggle to the center position.
Changing the Battery
- Remove the lid (you can pry it open with a flat head screwdriver).
- Replace with AAA batteries.
- TIP: Keep extra batteries and a flat head screw driver in your bag.
- It is recommended that you remove the batteries for off-season storage.
Tips for Use
- In case you forget to turn the power off, the timer will automatically shut off if unused for 30 minutes.
- If this happens just switch the power switch off, then back on again.
- REF SMART IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WATER DAMAGE. As a precaution in heavy rain we recommend covering it with a bag to ensure it stays dry.
Warnings and Vibrations
- Football Model 25/40
- Both Timers: Warning Vibration with 10 seconds remaining. Then 5 quick vibrations to count down the last 5 seconds. Continuous vibration at 0:00.
- 40 second timer has a vibration with 25 seconds remaining
- Baseball 20/120 Timer (Updated 2023)
- 20 Second Timer: Warning vibration with 10 seconds remaining. Continuous vibration (lasting 5 seconds) when the timer has reached 20 seconds
- 120 Second Timer: Warning vibration with 30 seconds remaining and with 15 seconds remaining. Continuous vibration at 0:00.
- Lacrosse 20/120 Timer
- 20 Second Timer: Continuous and Audible Tone with Vibration when the timer reaches 0:00
- 120 Second Timer: Audible Tone and Vibration with 20 seconds remaining. Continuous Audible Tone and Vibration when the timer reaches 0:00.
- Note on the Final 5-Seconds:
- There are 6 vibrations. Starting with the first vibration, you should count backwards as: Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Zero. The timer has expired when you reach Zero.